Monday, December 1, 2008

The Acorn People by Ron Jones


This book was recommended to me by another teacher. She said it was a good book. I have to admit that the book is not very long. I did not know that before I picked it to read for out Saturday assignment. I can say that I did not put it down until I finished it. The book is about a guy that takes a summer job at a kid’s camp. He thought it was just a normal camp, and he would be doing normal outdoor things with normal kids. But he soon found out that the camp was for disabled kids. Anyway this guy goes from hating it there and wanting to leave to loving every minute of it. It is a great story. It really makes you think what you would have done it that situation. It also paints a great picture that even kids with severe disabilities can be normal. They just need a little help with the everyday small things.

No comments: